Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Here, but for the grace of God...

I'm so nervous, surrounded by tales of tragedy and death, the community shrinks and grows- a self-perpetuating breathing organic strength holding together only those that want helping.
Need is not the necessary necessity; Desperation and fear, heartbreak and fatality- rock bottom is the answer to "How?"
Today my recovery is my choice, I can sink further or I can swim. I can change or I can die. I'm torn and open and the fucking monkey won't leave me be.
The fucking monkey won't leave me.
Won't leave me be.

4 Comments:

Blogger nouseforaname said...

You have to let it go....

You have to make that choice...

You have to be willing to take the hard road and change.

You can do it, you know you can..

12:21 AM  
Blogger Tumuli said...

Agreed. But consider it this way: the "monkey" really does not care about your health or well-being. It exists solely to siphon off your life, slowly and painfully. To keep that close contact it will cleave to you even more than before... even though you know you can, and will, thrive without it.

Please keep fighting, man. I realize it is anything but easy, but I for one pray you survive.

12:59 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

I stare at the wall,
while listening to its call.
Pondering philosophy,
I wonder what is real.
Wonder if I know how to feel,
when can I begin to heal?

I know that you can do this. I know it. You're the one who made the choice to stay because you knew that you still need time to heal. You have the ability to change within you.

Don't stop fighting now.
I believe in you.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

unfortunately, the life often is so hard to us, that we can hardly endure it. But we have only the one. Be brave.

saludos from spain

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home