Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Norm life baby. (Just say no kids)


"Norm life baby, we're white and so hetero and our sex is missionary,
Norm life baby, we're quiters and we're sober our conditions will be televised,

You and I run the coast and we're ready to fall - raised to be stupid, taught to be nothing at all,
WE'RE TAUGHT TO BE NOTHING!!!!!

I don't like the drugs but the drugs like me,
.......

Norm life baby, God is white and unforgiving and we're piss-tested and we're praying,
Norm life baby, I'm just a sensitive soul, made to look just like a human being,
Norm life baby, we're rehab'd and we're ready for our 15 minutes of shame,
Norm life baby, we're touching and we're pointing just like christians at a suicide,

We're raised to be stupid, taught to be nothing at all,
WE'RE TAUGHT TO BE NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like the drugs, but the drugs like me....."

But hell dude, I love Mr.Manson! I may not live in the good ol' US of A but I know what it's like to have the system try to crush your individuality-We are taught to be nothing- to follow the fucking leader, to assimilate and submit. We're all shacked by the force of our fears. To tow the fucking line. Fuck it.
The drugs bit I can associate with but hey that's another story.
Maybe it's only the people who feel outcast, disillusioned by society that take drugs, or maybe visa versa? Hmmm. Interesting point.
I'm going to do my fucking very best.
I will refuse to submit-maybe.
You have to be strong, so strong.
I suppose time will tell.

3 Comments:

Blogger KL said...

We are taught to follow the leader - I don't think so, atleast not in any democratic country; in the USA, there are constant debates everywhere, in every media, following, questioning, analyzing, criticizing each and every politicians, political move; that's why Bush's rating has gone down so much.

The only problem is these politicians make lots of promises before election, but never keep them; that's why they lose the next election.

In the UK, Blair is getting elected because as far as I know there is no good opposition.

People who are outcast by society, feel disulliosioned take drugs!....hmmm...don't think I can agree. If they feel that way then instead of taking drugs and doing nothing, they should try to change the society in whatever positive way they can so that no more people feel outcast. If Martin Luther, Gandhi, Mandela - who all felt extremely disullisioned and outcasted by their socities at those time - took drugs, then the modern world with the concepts of equality and peace were never going to come into existence.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Merlin said...

good points - when I said 'the leader' I was referring to 'the standard' or 'the norm', not our political leaders per se. All our western leaders are of a homogenous nature in my opinion.
About the drugs - It is true in my experience that people who have take drugs tend to be unhappy with the state of the state the world is in. This was not to say that all disillusioned people take drugs or needed drugs to put them in that position.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Merlin said...

sorry about the spelling errors etc. in last comment! hope you get the idea.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home